You must observe the following fire-prevention rules in KKL-JNF sites:
1. Firstly, find a place that is designated for barbeques and/or bonfires in KKL-JNF's recreational sites.
2. Check wind direction and velocity. If your site is completely open and there is a strong wind, do not light a fire there.
3. Clear the area around your barbeque/bonfire of flammable materials, such as branches, twigs and leaves.
4. Do not throw petrol, oil or any other inflammable substances onto the flames, nor objects that may explode.
5. Do not use branches that have any green leaves.
6. Do not throw trash into the bonfire, certainly no plastic, paint cans, disposable dishes or Styrofoam. When these materials burn they release toxic substances that pollute the air.
7. Do NOT leave the site until your barbeque/bonfire is completely extinguished!!! Extinguish the coals with water and cover them with earth. Afterwards, turn over the embers to make sure there are no longer burning coals or hot embers. You should prepare water supplies designated for extinguishing your fire beforehand.
8. Should a small fire nevertheless spread to the forest or adjoining trees, try to isolate it to prevent further spread. Beat the flames with green branches, frying pans or blankets and pour water and earth over them.
9. If a larger fire spreads, remove all people, vehicles and flammable substances from the area and notify the Fire Service at once by calling 102.