The park includes two eucalyptus groves that were planted in the 1930s to prevent the sand dunes from spreading. One is situated on the south bank of the river, just beside the water, not far from the Coastal Highway, and it is easily and enjoyably accessible on foot.
The park is an excellent place to observe water birds such as the common kingfisher, the grey heron, moorhens, mallards and cormorants. The second eucalyptus grove is further south of the river and can be reached on foot or by car. In this woodland KKL-JNF has created a recreation area with picnic tables, some of which are wheelchair-accessible, and the playground facilities for children include a special sand-dune slide. In winter the woodland is carpeted with cyclamen flowers. k
The archeological remains found along the riverbanks reveal that the coastline has changed. At the top of the hill between the two areas of woodland, a prehistoric site from the Kebaran period (18,000 years ago) has been discovered. Flint tools were uncovered at the site, together with the bones of animals presumed to be gazelles and fallow deer. The site also offers an excellent overview of the park.
Hefziba Farm, which is situated near the park on the south bank of the Hadera River to the east of the Coastal Highway, is a remarkable spot with a romantic atmosphere whose original buildings from 1906 are still standing. Citrus fruit was grown here until the First World War. The old pump house on the riverbank has been restored, and pumps of the kind used in the distant past are now on display there. The site serves as an instruction center and a departure point for excursions.